Blogging. Who came up with this term? I'm not gonna lie, it annoys the shit out of me. Having said that, welcome to my blog. A few years ago I had an online journal that I'm pretty sure would have qualified as a blog. I updated it pretty religiously for about 3 weeks. Turns out, it proved to be too big a commitment for me, because here's the thing... I am not a fan of accountability and it became a chore instead of an outlet of self expression. I have dreamed of blogging for quite some time now ("quite some time now" being roughly a month) and have shyed away from it because I know myself, and if you know me at all, we all know I flake. Not to mention all the shit I will probably get for my atrocious spelling, run-on sentences and just generally all-around poor grammar. I'm witty, ladies and gentleman, but I said nothing about being gramtically correct.
So this is how this is going to work: I'm going to log into blogger.com every now and again when I remember, or more accurately when I'm just that bored (unless they have a mobile version of this site and then, lets be honest, I'll be blogging at the wheel) to post antecdotes, ruminations, observations and opinions of mine that I have on just about anything. Don't expect anything too deep. I pride myself on being a relatively shallow person. I stay away from anything that can get me in trouble, i.e. politics, religon, world news, ect.. mainly because I don't have a fucking clue about any of those things and I like to maintain a facade that I'm somewhat intelligent... if I had to comment on the aformentioned, the jig would be up.
PS - I take kindly to comments of any kind, EXCEPT about my spelling, punctiation and/or grammer in general. Save it, Captain Correct. Until I can afford an editor, it is what it is. I was blessed in some areas, and am clearly lacking in many others. I've set my sights on someday being mediocre at best. A girl can dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment