Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Up again at 3am with a cough (something I feel runs in the Gabriel side of the family) that will not subside. I gargled with salt water, I drank tea with lemon and honey............ and to no avail. So I'm left again with this blog. I am getting the feeling that I should change the name from 'Here's the thing...." to "So I can't sleep again...."

I wrote a short blog the other night that I noticed not one person commented on. I feel that this must have been done in error. At the very least I usually expect a comment from Uncle Harold. But nothing. I am a bit confused, since I'm his favorite niece. Must be a mass-user error.

A few things I've been ruminating on lately....

Saran Wrap. Is there anything in the entire world more frustrating and less user friendly?

The fact that I steal my wireless internet from my neighbors doesn't make me any less angry when it's not working.

Guys should not cross their legs. Unless your Charlie Sheen. And even then its still creepy. Sorry Dad.

I was checking out at 7-11 today and the cashier was on his cell phone and gave me the '1 second' finger motion...touche, cashier guy, touche.

I smirk on the inside every time one of my girlfriends uses the old 'well maybe he just didn't get my text' excuse for not hearing back from a guy. Riiiight. In their defense, texts do get lost in the cellular abyss maybe 1 out of every 10,000 texts you send. But sadly my dear, this isn't that time. And you know it.

Before I put the straw in my Capri Sun, I always say a silent prayer that I don't stab it through the other side.

Rubberneckers: we all talk crap on them. But when its your turn to pass the accident, you know damn well you're slowing down to look, too.

There is nothing worse than the impending doom that sets in when you realize you're losing hot water rapidly and you're only half way through your shower.

Here is my laundry policy: whatever is on the floor is getting washed. Unfortunately, throwing everything clean on the floor is also my policy. So I think I'm washing everything a lot more than necessary.

How come when we're talking on our cell phones and one of the cell phones cuts out we still call the other person back and ask all confused "What happened?" like its some huge mystery.

Hey Raisins, you do not belong in my cookies, muffins, cakes or any other baked goods. Stick to Raisin Bran and quit screwing things up.

Guys: If we end up staying the night, we're wearing one of your t-shirts home in the morning. And we have no plans of returning it.

There is nothing worse than the motorcycle psych-out when trying to find a parking spot.

I hate parents that take their unruly kids out to eat. If your obnoxious kid is running loose around the restaurant you shouldn't have taken him to in the first place and bumps into me, next time he does a lap I will purposely and shamelessly trip him. Stop being cheap and get a babysitter.

These are just my thoughts on a few things. Things that come to mind during daily life that probably really annoy me. And the only way I see fit to deal with them is to turn to humor, my numero uno go-to. And here's the thing, it usually works.

1 comment:

  1. Um... Excuse my french (why French - I am not sure) but I fuckin love you! Done. Sealed.

    ReplyDelete