Sunday, January 24, 2010

Once again, I find myself having trouble falling asleep. This worked last time, mostly because I bore myself. However, you all seem to enjoy it. And the ones who haven't commented on them or emailed me about them, thank you for confirming my biggest insecutiy and you suck.

A few mildly entertaining thoughts/happenings for tonight-

Conversation between a guy on the bus playing the guitar and I:
ME: "So I see you're teaching yourself how to play guitar I assume(he had a Dummies Guide to the Guitar)"
GUY: "You're 18 right?"
ME: "Yeah, I'm 26, why?"
GUY: "Ummmm, it's complicated.. (extends hand) Hi, I'm Kevin"
ME: (immediately puts on headphones and stares straight ahead for the rest of the ride)

Dad, you really want you're daughter to be in the dangerous throws of sexual predators??? Time to get me driving again.

Life Lesson #156,007: Never leave your facebook account accidedntly signed in at an Apple Retail Store. Also included in this lesson: people are still immature.

Note to self: You don't have to save EVERY business card anyone has ever given you in your wallet like a horder. Time to let it go. I don't think you'll be needing to call 'M$NEY' the Cab Driver again.

GO COLTS. or GO SAINTS. You can see I really am undecided.

I was caught lying by my sister in law the other day when she asked me if I've yet to read the book she lent me back in October. I said "Of course, it was amazing!!! To which she promtly replied "I don't believe you, give me a breif synopsis." Shit.

My closest Starbucks was closed over the weekend for a remodeling. What are they really going to update? Here's what its going to look like. Green and Tan. A few tables, a few chairs and some coffee mugs. Am I close?

For those of you who are part of the Gabriel side of the family, you will appreciate this. I have been spending a good deal of time with a young man named Drake for the past couple of weeks (who is also in the Program) and he came over today to watch the Vikings/Saints game. I was boring him with family pictures when it came to me. The United States Puzzle!!! For those of you who don't know about it, its a puzzle of the Continental US with each state being a puzzle peice. It sounds easy, but the east coast is a mess. Too bad they aren't all Colorado. My cousins and brother and I used to time ourselves at my grandmothers house, racing the clock hoping to get the best time. When she passed away I requested to have the puzzle because I attribute my genious knowledge of the geography of our country to this game. I demonstrated with an amazing time of 4 minutes. Then I made Drake do it. Rebecca, don't feel bad, he barely made it in under 15 minutes. And I believe he hated it as much as you do... Its not your fault you didn't have one growing up too.




Short and sweet tonight, but here's the thing: those Advil PMs I caved on are kicking in. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. That puzzle rocked! Mind you we never had rhode island after the box was open? That damn state is just to small to be a puzzle piece anyway. Word

    ReplyDelete